classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] GNU JAXP progress

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] GNU JAXP progress
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:06:01 +0200

Chris Burdess <address@hidden> writes:

> We have seen some great improvements in GNU JAXP recently. First, let
> me welcome Musachy Barroso, who is working on resolving some of the
> problems in Ælfred.

Musachy, you are welcome ;-)

> We've already managed to improve Ælfred's SAX conformance from around
> 45% to nearly 86%! For details, see the league tables at

Wow!

>   http://cpx.sektor37.de/libxmlj/
>
> Second, I've managed to finish many areas of libxmlj, including the
> transformer integration and entity resolver callbacks which were
> required basic JAXP functionality. In addition, we go way beyond what
> most JAXP implementations support in other areas: we support much of
> the new W3C Recommendation DOM Level 3, and we also support the
> bleeding edge DOM XPath interface, which allows us to do very fast
> in-document searches.

Wow! 81.08%!

> I hope that we'll be able to make an alpha release available soon,
> that can undergo more widespread testing and hopefully classpath
> integration.

I'm busy ATM but I'll try to make a new Debian package so we could have
a lot of testing.

Cheers and many thanks for the good work!

--
Arnaud Vandyck

I'm personally quite happy with one stable release every two years, and
am of the opinion that trying to release more will mean we'll have to
rename the distro from "stable" to "wobbly".
                -- Scott James Remnant on debian-devel