classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] failing tests

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] failing tests
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 10:01:45 -0700

Musachy Barroso wrote:

  There are many tests...failing for a common reason ...

Musachy ... thanks a lot for putting the time into fixing that code!

It seems to still not be quite up to the level it once was (I recall
tests topping the 95% "pass" mark, with most of the remaining failures
being exotic and/or related to the strange/changing Unicode rules), but
then it's also true that the XML conformance criteria have changed (and
in some cases, incompatibly).  Plus, I don't really know what's in the
newest tests either ... and I do know for sure that most of the test
coverage is uneven, with some requirements having no tests and others
having enough different tests to skew the results oddly.  At one point,
testcases showing Xerces failures kept getting rejected ... but ones
showing failures in other parsers got added even if they had only a
tenuous relationship to the relevant specs!  :(

Anyway, this is great progress and I'm really glad to see it.

- Dave