classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Errors building GNU JAXP 1.1 with Cygwin

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Errors building GNU JAXP 1.1 with Cygwin
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:00:22 +0100

Phil Shaw wrote:
> Thanks, I reached that limit pretty early on! For the time being I
> have extracted a pure Java sub-set of GNU JAXP, which is enough for
> my immediate requirements.

Adding a configuration option to the build system to make libxmlj
optional is on my to-do list.

> Incidentally, the gnu.xml.dom.ImplementationSource class has an
> awkward dependency on gnu.xml.libxmlj.

I know, this should really be dynamic.

> I'll come back to libxmlj in due course, but I'd rather find an XSL
> solution that is truly portable (and GPL).

As far as I am aware, there isn't one (in Java). It's on the roadmap for
GNU JAXP - I've recently introduced an XPath engine which is a critical
component - but it is a nontrivial amount of work and may take some
time. Volunteers would be welcome, of course!

I don't know, you'd have to ask address@hidden

> Must we have
> all copyright assigned to FSF?

In ClasspathX this is not required, but GNU JAXP will probably become
part of the Classpath project which does require copyright assignment.
--
Chris Burdess