classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Errors building GNU JAXP 1.1 with Cygwin

From: Andy Madigan
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Errors building GNU JAXP 1.1 with Cygwin
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:54:01 -0700 (PDT)

I've taken a look at the XT code, I'm not entirely sure that the
processor could be used with a JAXP binding (I ran into a brick wall
while trying to do this, I couldn't find a way to control URI
resolution) without a lot of reworking. Using a native processor seems
OK for now, but portability is an issue. I ran into this problem and
wrote a couple of interfaces that essentially represented the subset of
JAXP I use (and then implemented the interfaces for XT), so I can
quickly switch out the impls once a better processor is available.  If
somebody else sees a way to bind XT directly to JAXP, that would at
least make it portable and simple, but I wouldn't put too much time
into it. Any time devoted to XT would be better spent on a new
processor. As for XT + GPL (this is answered in an earlier e-mail as
well), I think that the license is the MIT license.