classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: Strange exception when running checkstyle

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: Strange exception when running checkstyle
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:47:13 -0800

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 11:29 am, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 20:22 schrieb David Brownell:
> > >
> > > I think its GNU Jaxp's fault is it works with
> > > jamvm/classpath/Xalan and SUN JDK 1.4.2 as is.
> >
> > Even though _no_ parser can ever behave correctly when
> > there's only a relative URI for a system ID?
>
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~oburn/dtds/configuration_1_2.dtd
>
> is an absolute URI, not a relative one.

My question was about what happens with _relative_ URIs .. :)

Removing a message wouldn't change the behavior other
than eliminating a diagnostic about what could have broken
when a relative ID -- like "foo.xml" -- gets interpreted
relative to the wrong base, and things start go go really
haywire.  So if something changed any behavior, it wasn't
shown in the email I responded to...

In any case, it's an application error to pass around
relative URIs without a base URI, and expect some other
component (like a SAX parser) to correctly guess the
right base URI.

- Dave