classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Strange exception when running checkstyle

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Strange exception when running checkstyle
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:17:29 +0000

David Brownell wrote:
The correct fix is to the application software which didn't
provide a base URI when building an InputSource.  That'd be
some puppycrawl config loader code, I'd guess.

The patch Mark posted earlier works great for me. What do you think
when we just apply it ?

I think the two bugs in that puppycrawl code should get
fixed.  Then there will be no problems at all.

 -  It's completely bogus to turn arbitrary warnings
    into fatal errors as a default policy.

 -  And it's equally bogus to call an XML parser with
    borked inputs, expecting it guess correctly about
    the base URI to use when resolving.

Elsewhere in the GNU JAXP code, when we're given a relative URI in the absence of any other context, we assume it's a file URL relative to the current directory. I believe that other JAXP implementations also make this assumption.

Would this solution be acceptable for Ælfred?
--
Chris Burdess