Re: dd SIGUSR1 race

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: dd SIGUSR1 race
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:32:48 +0100

On 09/26/2014 06:39 PM, Federico Simoncelli wrote:
> [...]

I like the idea of '\r', but it involved a little adjustment to deal with.
I've updated your patch (attached) with the following changes:

 - Augmented the texinfo and NEWS entries
 - Added documentation to --help/man
 - Adjusted periodic output to use \r rather than \n
 - Used gethrxtime() rather than clock_gettime() which is not generally
available
 - Avoided a race and CPU spinning in the test

thanks,
Pádraig.