cybop-developers

[cybop-developers] CMake Project Generation

From: Enrico Gallus
Subject: [cybop-developers] CMake Project Generation
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 13:19:03 +0900

Hey Kevin,

sorry if this sounded a bit harsh, i didn’t mean to.
I just compared the "Code::Blocks Unix Makefile” file that cmake created with
the one Christian was pointing to i could have a look at and i was surprised
that all the c-files have been listed there.
Therefore that there was no other file in the folder, i expected that’s it. I
must admit that was a bit hasty.

I would like to mention that the generated files are ways more complicate than
expected. It is not as neat as the project file that exist.
Furthermore the file generated by cmake uses absolute paths to the project and
for includes as well as the make-binary instead of vars.

I tried to execute the perl script to refresh the Code::Block project file, but
perl doesn’t like the load_xml command on mac and fails with some cryptic error
message.

Additionally i played around with the cmake generator to create a
XCode-Project, just for fun to see if i can use Xcode in future for
development, but therefore that the cmake-configuration i created use only one
c-file to define the executable (src/controller/cyboi.c), this is the only c
file which will be loaded in the Xcode project.

So in the end it doesn’t seem very helpful to use cmake to create project files
for cybop.

Greetings,

Enrico