cybop-developers

Re: [cybop-developers] Fixed build and a little helper

From: Christian Heller
Subject: Re: [cybop-developers] Fixed build and a little helper
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:11:08 +0200

Hi Enrico,

> Thanks for touching the tests, i fixed the build for mac and can build it
> again.

thanks for this!

> I realised that you started to fix some code-styling in the comparator-classes
[..]

Yes, I changed them nearby, while looking for dependency errors.
It is quite tedious to include so many files in the test modules, e.g. in:
test/executor/manipulator/character_manipulator_tester.c
But there seems to be no other way to do it, since otherwise,
dependency errors would occur due to forward declarations in cyboi.

> Unfortunately, something i cannot setup and control is that it
> automatically adjust also the comments //?? you are adding and on
> purpose indenting one tab less. (in general the lines can be removed
> anyway, because they are just test prints)

No problem. You may let them get adjusted with your tool.

> Also will it remove all the indent of the statements wrapped by the
> preprocessors, which is not wanted. Unfortunately, seems like there
> will be no option soon or at least i have not found anything.

Hm, that's a pity, but also not a big problem.
Just let them get aligned left.

> Nevertheless, i think this could probably help a lot. You can adjust
> the path of all the files which should be fixed in cmake/codestyling.cmake

Fine.

> This will safe you a lot of time and you do not need to touch each
> file single and check it’s appearance. But as i said, it can’t be
> used for the whole project yet.
> Configuration file is here: build/.clang-format.
> Feel free to use it.

Many thanks for this!

I have used the clang-format.
However, since Debian stable offers version 3.5, I had to comment out
some lines in file "build/.clang-format".

The resulting source code was almost all right, but not quite,
e.g. after casts parentheses the space was missing.
Also, the empty line with just one space between includes was not removed.

I do not want to invest time now to experiment with a new version and
will wait until the new Debian stable major version gets released.

Regards,
Christian