Re: New version denemo-2.5~rc1

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: New version denemo-2.5~rc1
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 17:57:42 +0000

On Thu, 2021-02-04 at 11:36 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Richard,
> Would you like me to create windows binaries for this?

I think it best if we can keep to the same release procedures that
we've used in the past. I'm a bit hazy about what we have done - I
recall that I can't upload to ftp.gnu.org because they have out-of-date
credentials for me and I was told that the only way to change them was
to send an encrypted email to them which as I've never done such a
thing sounded like a pain. I think you have always done the labelling
of the release by creating a branch and changing configure.ac to read
2.5.0 and creating a taball and binaries with that version in it.
The tarball I've submitted to the translationproject.org is purely for
translations - it would report 2.4.5 as its version, but that's ok, as
the translationproject people say it doesn't even have to be
compilable, just so long as it has the right strings in it.

>  I know you are
> also building the windows binaries but I read on some thread that you
> are using a different version of lilypond than what is in my
> overnight
> builds.

My build of windows binaries is hacked from yours just to allow me to
debug windows problems - when I tried this week to build it LilyPond
was altogether missing - I don't think I've ever intentionally tried to
use a different LilyPond version with it.

>  Are the windows binaries that are to be distributed as the
> official version now being built from your user?
We should use your build as mine is just a hack - I recall having to
set up a user called jbenham on my machine and install some files there
to get it to work!

It is long overdue to get this release out, so I'm glad you have the
time to devote to it.