Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: 17 & 20 November Downloads
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 12:28:18 +0000

Hi Richard,
I may have found it.
I have McAfee virus protection on my PC, courtesy of BT.
I downloaded the 2.5 Version from the website and it Typeset fine
When I tried extracting the Nov30 download using the Windows Extract as opposed to 7-Zip I got a message to say that I had been protected from an unspecified threat!
I then tried unzipping with 7Zip and had no such response. But when I tried to run denemo I got the usual messages AND a pop-up from McAfee to say it had protected me again.
The file it reports as a problem is gspawn-win32-helper.exe
I  replaced this file from a working version ( the 2.5 version) and a simple scale typeset.
It gave 2 reassuring messages about trying to load files and there being no error - see below for one.
Best wishes
Joe