Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple USRPs

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple USRPs
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:31:36 -0500

MEA CULPA!   I did miss it.  We are in complete agreement.

Bob

Martin Dvh wrote:

Robert McGwier wrote:
This is not quite right.  The DIFFERENT oscillators on the USRP boards
have different frequencies and thus constantly changing phase angle with
respect to each other and with probability 1, the frequencies of both
oscillators will change with changing temp, air flow, etc..  The only
way to avoid this is the buffer the clock from one board and use it to
drive the other board.
Maybe you missed this line:
I export the 64 MHz clock from the master usrp and input this as clock for the
slave usrp.
So I do drive all boards from a common clock.

he system will NOT be coherent unless it IS
coherent.  ;-)
Well, I think it IS coherent.

Greetings,
Martin