Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 2.6 release!

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 2.6 release!
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:53:01 +1030

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:18, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:03:52PM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you download the gnuradio-core-2.6-doc.tar.gz?
> >
> > Thanks for the info. I haven't downloaded gnuradio-core-2.6-doc.tar.gz as
> > it's not mentioned on the download page. I'm was unaware that the docs
> > have now been split.
>
> Just to clarify, the docs haven't been split off, they're just not
> built by default.  The time it was taking was generating complaints
> from several quarters.

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. It takes 11m1s to build all the
binaries and documentation of all GNU Radio 2.6 modules supported by the
NetBSD packages sytem from scratch on my laptop. The time it takes to
generate the gnuradio-core documentation is 1m21s which is merely 10% of the
total time taken to rebuild GNU Radio.

What are these people running? Sinclair Pocket PCs?  :-)

NetBSD uses a later version of doxygen namely doxygen-1.4.5. It supports many
new features, has seen many bugfixes and hence creates a different set of doc
files. Perhaps its faster too... ;-)

How about a --enable-build-docs configure switch to enable users to make that
decision at the configuration stage?

> To build them:
>
>   $ cd gnuradio-core/doc
>   $ make; make install

The above doesn't work but the procedure below will produce the desired
outcome.

cd gnuradio-core/doc
make docs
make install

> gnuradio-core-2.6-doc.tar.gz is the output of doxygen, and was primarily
> uploaded to fix a link on the main web page that says "2.x Docs (Download)"
>
> Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

cheerio Berndt