Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementing the USRP1 in another platform

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementing the USRP1 in another platform
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:36:13 -0600

Pablo-

> The exact question is: Were, in the python code of the GnuRadio core,
> can I insert the Driver that i mention? I am reading the python code
> but i can not find were the code read/send data to the USB (to
> substitute it with the PCI control code). The other question is were
> in the Verilog Code can I insert  the PCI interface control.

The better approach is to run USB to your board and PCI to the host PC.  Then
the
problem is reduced to a PCI driver substitute under GNU Radio -- basically a
patch.
A medium-complexity FPGA on the board can handle this.

If the board also supports GbE interface, then the same approach works for
USRP2.

-Jeff