Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] no module named _gnuradio_swig_python

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] no module named _gnuradio_swig_python
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:56:52 -0700

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 05:59:15AM +0100, Jay Kumar wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>   I have already tried installing gnuradio-3.1.3 but there were certain
> bugs in that.

I definitely wouldn't go back to anything before 3.1.3.

Are you sure you don't have some partial GNU Radio installations
laying around?  Did you try installing the old GNU Radio Debian
packages?  If so remove them.  I suggest removing all traces of GNU
Radio from your system, then starting over with a clean installation
of 3.1.3.

Not to belabor a point, but have you actually followed the
instructions in:

  http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide
  http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall

If you're not on Ubuntu, see your distribution-specific instructions
linked off of the BuildGuide.

Eric