Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Minimum value for center frequency step size

From: Karim El Defrawy
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Minimum value for center frequency step size
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:29:38 +0100

> Which interface are you using to set the center frequency?

The "tune" method.

> If you use the "tune" method, it adjusts both the VCO on the
> daughterboard and the digital up/down converter giving a minimum step
> size of about 0.01 Hz.

OK, thanks. That's good to know.

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 05:33:36AM +0100, Karim El Defrawy wrote:
Hi,
I am using a FLEX2400 transceiver daughterboard and was wondering what's the minimum step size that I can use to set the center frequency.

I tried steps down to 500KHz and I could tell the difference between the generated carrier frequency of a sine wave on an oscilloscope.

When I tried lower steps I was not able to see any difference in the generated frequency.
Thanks,
Karim

Which interface are you using to set the center frequency?

If you use the "tune" method, it adjusts both the VCO on the
daughterboard and the digital up/down converter giving a minimum step
size of about 0.01 Hz.

Eric