[Discuss-gnuradio] ASK Modulation

From: William Harding
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ASK Modulation
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:31:23 -0500

I am trying to write an ASK Modulation block to transmit streams of 0's and 1's.  In order to match the "symbol timing" of the protocol that I am trying to implement, would I keep an instance variable in the block that, in effect, keeps track of how many samples have been processed by the block so far?  In other words, using the known sampling frequency and how many samples have been processed in the block so far, to know whether to go to the next bit to be sent or not.

Also, what is the best way to define what bit sequence I would like to send?  Would it be file_source?

Any other better ways that this can be done?  I am brand-new to gnuradio, but I have gone through most of the GnuRadio tutorial and the "How to write a block" tutorial.

Thanks.
Bill H.