Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using one USRP

From: Swapna Raj
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using one USRP
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:42:23 -0500

Hi Ali,

I have done the similar as a part in my thesis as well. But I used two USRPs to serve as receiver and transmitter. When u try to listen on a daughter board using same USRP and transmit simultaneously ( which I tried ) you do not receive the transmitted signal. I did not dwell much on this because I had two USRPs to serve as two users. I know that both tramsitter and receiver programs can be run using two daughter boards. But the receiver in this case seems to receive only signals send from other USRPs. But signals Transmitted from a diiferent antenna/daughter board on same USRP was not received. I used this isolation for my benefit to run a scanner simultaneously to detect signal from while transmission is going on. I do not know if this isolation can be removed by changing some parameters. I do not have access to my boards now will try it next week and let you know.But I would recommend you to search the archiveĀ  there are some related discussions.
Thank you
Swapna