[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: uses gr.file_sink 32 bit or 64 bit

From: feldmaus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: uses gr.file_sink 32 bit or 64 bit
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:36:26 +0000 (UTC)

Markus Feldmann <feldmann_markus <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Ok, here is a clipping from the data at the beginning:
>         0 -     1i
>        -1 +     0i

As you said the Output is stored as 64 bit value, 32bit I and 32 bit Q,
but I and Q do have bot real and complex values ?!
As you can see, every line consists only one real and one complex value.

Wherefor is the first line ?
For the I part or the Q part ?
Does the lines of the I and Q part change from line to line ?
  0 - 1i --> real(I) - imag(I)
 -1 + 0i --> real(Q) + imag(Q)

Is this mapping correct ?

Regards Markus