[Discuss-gnuradio] Halfband interpolator stages for FPGA transmit chain

From: Dominik Auras
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Halfband interpolator stages for FPGA transmit chain of USRP1
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:25:37 +0200

Hi GNU Radio community!

Because the halfband interpolators are disabled in the current USRP1, I have investigated to reactivate these. However it turned out that it was easier to integrate the new implementation I have found in the USRP2.

So I have added the USRP2 halfband interpolators to the USRP1 fpga code base. The result is a new transmit chain with 2 cascaded halfband interpolator stages, each of them using the 31-tap halfband interpolators from USRP2.

The included configuration gives an FPGA bitstream that supports one receive chain (w/hb) and one transmit chain with halfband filters. About 96% of the FPGA resources are in use.

I have tested the transmit chain with my USRP1s and it worked fine.

Please note that all I have done was to merge part of the USRP2 verilog code into USRP1. Except for a few adjustments, there were no big changes. These excellent modules I have reused have been created by Matt et al.!!

You find some documentation and the downloads at my site:

http://www.dominikauras.de/gnuradio/usrp_txhb.html

Best regards Dominik