[Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Transmission

From: William Sherman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Transmission
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 11:12:13 +0200

Hi,

My question is:
is there a way in gnuradio to know if transmit_path has finished
transmitting a packet?

I was just reading a thesis by Alice Crohas where she implements a
cognitive radio. Her transmitter uses transmit_path to transmit packets
in Gnuradio. A power detector is used to detect primary users. During
transmission she writes in her paper that she gets so her detector to
discard measurements for a period of time. If this period of time is too
low the transmitter could sometimes be transmitting, causes a false
sensing.

I think I'm misreading this.

If it were me I would just detect after finishing my transmission,
instead of waiting an unreliable time.

But is there a way in gnuradio to know if transmit_path has finished
transmitting a packet?