[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: Packet Transmission

From: William Sherman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: Packet Transmission
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 07:14:07 +0200

Hmm:

I have a working program which has a USRP perform TX & RX on the one
radio, using transmit_path & receive_path. With two USRPs I can do
RTS/CTS and transmit a packet with ACK. My receive_path was not picking
up its own transmit_path's packet transmissions erroneously. This was
even though both flowgraphs were running (in parallel) at the same time.

I only became aware of the problem that my RX should be picking up the
TX from the same radio after reading Crohas's paper. My RX doesn't pick
up my TX though (I never get "packet has wrong address" - I only
sometimes get bad packets due likely to noise interference).

I did have problems before when I didn't have real time scheduling: in
that case  my receiver was not able to receive anything.

So um what's going on in gnuradio. According to Crohas my RX should be
picking up TX from my own radio, but it's not. Does USRP only allow one
RX or TX operation at the same time or what? (I have tried with -R -T on
the same antenna, and -R -T on different antennaes). Or is it something
to do with scheduling???

I am very confused. My program is working but it shouldn't be working
according to the literature. Is there good documentation in this area?

Are there other implementations of TX/RX on the same USRP? If so they
should have encountered the same problem of erroneous self-pickup, and
found some way to deal with it.