Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK Demodulator (i.e. Receiver) Award/Challenge

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK Demodulator (i.e. Receiver) Award/Challenge
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 07:51:38 -0700

Hi Rene,

If you execute the benchmark_rx.py file with the following command:
python benchmark_rx.py --help

Then you will see that under "modulations" it says "dbpsk". The
demodulator itself is implemented somewhere else. You can find all the
different demodulation blocks in:
gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks2impl. Here, you will find a
file called "dbpsk.py".

As was mentioned earlier, to make DBPSK into BPSK, just remove the
"self.diffenc", the differential decoder, from the connect method.

Now, even with this modification, you will most likely not be able to
communicate with your satellite. You will have to know a lot of
details on the communication protocol your satellite uses, packet
framing, etc., in addition to the right hardware and daughterboards.

Note that eventually, you will have to modify your GNU Radio
installation. Thus, it is almost impossible to evade knowing how to
code and to understand the working of GNU Radio. Just searching for
"BPSK" in files won't help you further...

Cheers,

Thomas