[Discuss-gnuradio] Software troubes - gr_vmcircbuf ...?

From: wallen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Software troubes - gr_vmcircbuf ...?
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:04:59 -0600

I've been trying to get Gnuradio running with my USRP2, and am still
having some troubles.  My computer is an older Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop
running Debian (Lenny).  I've installed a D-Link DGE-660TD Gigabit
Cardbus adapter, and have compiled what I believe is the most recent
release of the code per the instructions in the README file.

I can find the USRP2 by running the find_usrps command, but oddly enough
this occasionally segfaults.  So far what looks like the most intriguing
error message I got when trying to run usrp2_fft.py.  This looks like:

   usrp2_fft.py
   usrp2: failed to enable realtime scheduling
   gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available
   usrp2: channel 0 not receiving
   usrp2::rx_samples() failed

Does this provide any clues to those of you more familiar with the
software?

I've tried flashing the firmware, and that didn't change anything.  I've
also tried swapping out my USRP2 with a box running on a different
machine seems to work, so this seems likely to be a software problem.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

- Wayde