Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: save date and value to an rotating file

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: save date and value to an rotating file
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:12:08 -0700

and you can always add custom blocks that you write:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#AddingCustomBlocks
But Custom Blocks rely on custom sinks and sources. I need to
process the data through an own python file sink method, with rotate
and time feature.
Or is this still possible ?
As i understood, processing of data is made in c++ and the
connection+gui is made in python.

You can do it all in python by making a hier block, and using gr message sinks and sources. See pkt.py as an example:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blks2impl

x**.5
Thanks for the hint.
But which grc modul apply this mathematical function on incoming data
and outputs it ?
I mean to apply mathematical function to incoming data from an Usrp
Source not a constant variable.

I think there is a block for this gr_feval_cc, gr_feval_ll, gr_feval_dd. I have never used it, but I think the idea is that you can inherit from this class and override the eval function in python.

-Josh