[Discuss-gnuradio] Early Late Prompt Correlation and Costas Loop impleme

From: Mir M. Ali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Early Late Prompt Correlation and Costas Loop implementation
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 03:08:14 -0500

HiĀ  Johnathan and other friends,

I want to use an E/P/L Correlation (for Code synchronization) and Costas loop (for carrier phase sync) for Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum receiver based on this. http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/826/dsssrxr.jpg I have a doubt that needs to be cleared as I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out without any luck.
I need a carrier signal to strip the carrier signal from the received DSSS signal so as to get the Spreading sequence. I use the phase corrected spreading sequence to obtain the continuous wave signal and use costas loop to get the phase corrected Carrier Signal.

As in Gnuradio there is no such thing as a carrier as the signal is in baseband what will the output of costas loop be so as to use it to get the Spreading sequence.
I am sorry my concepts are not very strong but I am learning and such unresolved questions make this learning all the more difficult. Can you please tell me where I am wrong and what could be done.

Thank you for taking time to answer to my question.

Thanks,
Ali