[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP2 802.11 BBN code on the TX side

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP2 802.11 BBN code on the TX side
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:22:23 -0500

Here's the other interesting thing...

Follow closely to the numbers here.  If I do NOT barker the preamble (1Msps), and then upconvert it to 11Msps... BUT ONLY use the first 144 samples for the signature, I get a small correlation near the start of all the transmissoin in the USRP trace:

http://cyprus.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/~gnychis/mfilter/matlab_nobarker.png

So the first 144 samples AFTER it was upconverted, means that roughly the first symbol 13 symbols correlate without barker spreading.