[Discuss-gnuradio] AO-51 and GRC

From: Craig Kief
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] AO-51 and GRC
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 17:34:28 -0700

I need a little help.  I want to do a project involving GRC.  There is a satellite called AO-51 (http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/).  If you

watch some of the youtube videos you will see what most folks are using this satellite for.  It is great for using HAM licenses to do

audio repeaters.  I want to do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HfvmU_utI8) with SDR.  We have our ground station set up where we use nova software to drive our G5500

rotators.  We have a 144MHz antenna for TX and a 2.4GHz antenna for receive.  We have a USRP-1 with a BasicTX and DBSRX for transmit and receive.    We are using

the GRC for our design work.  What I want to do is be  able to talk through a microphone and listen with a pc speaker on the

rx side.  My  problem is that I am very new to GRC and am not positive about what blocks to use and what settings I should choose.

Has anyone ever tried to do anything with AO-51 and GRC?

Craig

signatureBlock.jpg

Craig J. Kief

Deputy Director