[Discuss-gnuradio] converting RFX1800 to RFX900 and back

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] converting RFX1800 to RFX900 and back
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:28:00 -0500

I was looking at the opnbts wiki and found out that I can
convert the RFX1800 to RFX900 using

burn-db-eeprom -A --force -t rfx900

I just wanted to make sure that conversion is safe and
can be reversed before I do anything stupid.
So is there anything like

burn-db-eeprom -A --force -t rfx1800

as well?

Also, I suppose once this is done, there is no need for removing the ISM filter, since the RFX1800 does not have it.
Is that right?

Thanks
Achilleas

PS: there is a message

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2006-09/msg00179.html

ddescribing how to convert rfx900 to rfx1800 and back, but i
currently have an rfx1800 so this does not answer my question.