[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems of GPSDO with GPS antenna

From: 魏俊明
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems of GPSDO with GPS antenna
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 22:37:40 +1000

Hi,

I want to use GPSDO in my application. Since there is no GPS antenna with GPSDO-kit, I bought a 'SMA male straight GPS antenna'. Everything went well before I connect the GPS antenna to the GPSDO. For example, I can receive GPS time using usrp->get_mboard_sensor("gps_time"). Other uhd applications also work well.

To lock to the satellite and update the GPS time, I connected the GPS antenna to GPSDO. However, I got some weird errors.  I even got the same errors when I run  'uhd_usrp_probe'.

~$ uhd_usrp_probe
linux; GNU C++ version 4.4.5; Boost_104200; UHD_003.003.000-d5d448e

-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Found a Jackson Labs GPS
..
UHD Warning:
    get_time: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target

UHD Warning:
    get_time: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target

UHD Warning:
    get_time: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target

Error: ValueError: Timeout after no valid message found

Does anyone know how to fix it?   I am using GPSDO+USRPN210+WBX on Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jamie