Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot import USRP

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot import USRP
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:50:20 -0400

IN the latest Gnu Radio, the "classic API" usrp examples and suport libraries hve been removed, and many of them have been ported over to UHD.

/usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/uhd

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:24:11 -0700 (PDT), sumitstop wrote:

Isn't there any folder named usrp in /usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/ .
All the examples of usrp are there in that folder.

Hey I just installed to check if the script is working fine and it seems
everything is fine. The installation went well.

Nishant1234 wrote:
Hi all, 1. I have installed gnuradio using build-gnuradio script on Ubuntu 11.10. All the installation has went well and there were no errors. 2. I have also changed my PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. Now when I go to python and try to import USRP module in get error "ImportError: cannot import name usrp" but i can import gr module successfully. I check the directory "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio" and found that there is no usrp module there. 3. Also there were no usrp related examples installed in "/usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/" directory. 4. How do i resolve this problem. I have tried installing gnuradio thrice using the script but same result all the time. 5. Please guide me.
----- Sumit Kr. Research Assistant Communication Research center IIIT Hyderabad India