Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with FW and FPGA images

From: George Sklivanitis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with FW and FPGA images
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:50:01 -0400

Hi Josh,

I think you may be right, but neither ifconfig eth0 nor dmesg reports an error.

Furthermore, the drivers and operating systems running in both laptops are the same. It's UBUNTU 11.04 in some Toshiba Satellite laptops.

Any other ideas guys?

Thanks so much for your help.
George

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 04/12/2012 11:12 PM, George Sklivanitis wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> The sequence of the LEDs is D and F coming green just in the same way as
> the video apart from the B led where I cannot see why to come green?
>
> The ethernet is properly configured.
>
> The green led on the ethernet also goes on. There is no way that the
> ethernet jack is faulty or sth like that as the same usrp2 with the same
> settings is just working fine on another laptop with UHD_003.004.000 - 325-
> g7e296167 revision.
>
> I don't really know what's the problem, may be I will try solving it by
> monitoring the serial output.
>
> The thing that really attracted my attention is that sometimes there is a
> connection and after just typing uhd_find_devices the connection is lost.

I think you have isolated the problem. Sounds like the laptop has a
buggy ethernet port/ethernet driver. When the connection is lost:

Do you have to run ifconfig ethx .... again?

Does ifconfig ethx report errors?

Does dmesg report errors?

-Josh

--