Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:40:35 +0200

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 05:20:13PM +0800, Alick Zhao wrote:
> Yes the bug still occurs.
>
> I just wrote a simple script to ran the test for 50 times on T60 with
> Ubuntu, GNU Radio 3.5.3 equipped, before and after FREQUENCY_OFFSET set
> to 0. All failed the test. (n_pass is 0/50 in both sets) Every test's
> output is almost identical in each set except particular test time
> length. The ones before FREQUENCY_OFFSET change is basically the same as
> test.t60.log already attached. One of the ones with FREQUENCY_OFFSET set
> to 0 is attached below. I guess the almost same contents of output is
> due to fixed random seed.
>
> I also ran the script on a Dell desktop with Fedora, and the result is
> 50/50 pass the test. Then I notice one line in the qa python file says
> that seed 1234 fails. However, 50/50 are OK with seed 1234 on the Dell
> desktop.

So,

I tried this on a native 32-Bit Ubuntu 11.10, and it fails (tells me
it's using "Volk machine: sse3_32".

I also noticed the line that says seed=1234 fails. Also, the seed is set
multiple times in the script. If this is the source of the bug or not,
it should be fixed, because the seed is reset somewhere in the guts of
the test. I'll post a patch on patch-gnuradio--this eliminates the
problem on my machine, for some reason. If it does the same for you,
this might actually be the solution.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)