Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio 3.3.0 signal phase shift

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio 3.3.0 signal phase shift
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:43:59 -0400

You can't reliably get a fixed, known phase-offset because the synthesizers on most cards are fractional-N synthesizers, and they have a random phase offset every time they're retuned or reset.

This is standard behavior for frac-N synthesizers, and not peculiar to USRP hardware.

The only exception is the the SBX card, which has experimental code to use a special SYNC feature to allow initial phase offsets to be the same across multiple SBX.  This requires both new UHD drivers, and new FPGA code to make it work.