Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Example of OOK Decoding?

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Example of OOK Decoding?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:45:47 -0700

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Jay Radcliffe <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am playing around with learning gnuradio and am using a garage door
opener to experiment with.  I have gotten the UHD Source to work where
I can see the signal appear on a FFT Sink when I key the transmitter.
I am not suer how to go about the next step though, which is decoding
the OOK into binary.  I am sure there has to be an example out there,
but I have spent quite a bit of time looking for an example on google
and have turned up nothing.  If I could see a working example, I am
pretty sure I could figure it out (20+ year ham, so the concepts I
know, just translating them into SDR is weak).

TIA,

Try the keyfob application found here:
https://github.com/bistromath/keyfob

It's a super-simple OOK receiver which is set up to receive those generic key fob transmitters and translate them into keypresses. Keep in mind that garage door openers use a rolling code encryption scheme for security, similar to car security systems. If you manage to break it, keep it quiet. ;)

--n

Jay n8os