Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC programming problem--anyone with any bright i

From: Vladimir Dergachev
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC programming problem--anyone with any bright ideas? (fwd)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:45:59 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:44:34 -0700
From: Nickolas Fotopoulos <address@hidden>
To: Vladimir Dergachev <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC programming problem--anyone with any bright
    ideas? (fwd)

Vladimir,

I might suggest to Marcus that he try a ramdisk cache such that
many-Hz open() calls are quite cheap. Not a perfect solution, but
might be the quickest to implement. Alternatively, he might defer
file-writing until arbitrarily later, storing a queue of lines to be
written to each file.

Take care,
Nick