[Discuss-gnuradio] pthread_setchedparam error in grc

From: labarowski
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] pthread_setchedparam error in grc
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:02:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I'm receiving a pthread_setchedparam error when running grc projects under
Ubuntu 11.04. After reading a post from Almohanad Fayez in an archive of
this mailing list, I decided to try adding kernel.sched_rt_runtime_us = -1
to my /etc/sysctl.conf file. This did change the thread priority which I was
able to verify with cat /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us. However, I got
the same error in grc. Thus far, the only thing that will get rid of this
error is if I run grc as root. I never had to run it as root on my Ubuntu
10.04 machine though. Is there a setting that I can change so that grc
doesn't need to be ran as root to be able to use scheduling? Thanks!