Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] selecting the USRP antenna port in GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] selecting the USRP antenna port in GRC
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:08:16 -0700

> When transmitting, I deliberately provoke underflows at the transmitter side
> (I transmit packets, and stop transmitting in between). When connecting a
> scope at the receiver end, I seem to observe that during these underflow
> periods, the receiver still switches back to the TX/RX port. When
> transmitting, it switches to the RX2 port. This is despite the fact that I
> specify that the receiver has to use the RX2 port, which it should use all
> the time.
>

> Any advice on this?

This seems to be the opposite behaviour of what I would expect. From the
description above, I would guess that the source block has the antenna
set to TX/RX.

When you transmit, the receive antenna is forced to RX2.
When not transmitting, the receive antenna is <user setting>.
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#wbx-series

You can confirm the behaviour with a test signal on RX2 and calling
uhd_fft -A RX2. uhd_fft -A TX/RX should show only leakage

-josh