Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit and receive suing GMSK

From: wayne roberts
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit and receive suing GMSK
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:02:58 -0700

I was trying GMSK at sample rate of 192000Hz with a samples-per-symbol of 8, which gives 24000bps.
I connect packet decoder output to file sink set to byte and Unbuffered:On, then i use shell script to check the size difference every second.  After running for 100 seconds or so, it shows around 23336bps, which means packet overhead of just under 3%.

attached is shell script i used to watch the file sink grow.
maybe there is a better way, but it seems to get pretty close.