Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] resampler block not work properly

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] resampler block not work properly
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:17:05 -0500

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Chenfei Gao <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I desire to set the sampling rate of my receiver on usrp n200 to 30.72Msps. I have noticed that the sampling rate supported by uhd.usrp_source could only be set to integer fractions of default clock rate 100MHz. Thus, I used resampler block to  have a try. Unfortunately, it did not work to 30.72Msps exactly. It only support 33.33333Msps nearest. Does anybody have good ideas on changing sampling rate to 30.72Msps or somebody have the similar experience ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chenfei

You kind of have causality backwards. The sample rate begin sent to the USRP must match the rate at which the USRP is sampling at. Changing it in the host with the resampler not only won't work for what you want it to, but you will actually distort the signal because of the differences in the rates between the two.

What you want to do is transmit at a larger sampling rate than you need. When you receive the signal on the other side, you can then resample in the host to get back the exact sample rate you require.

Tom