Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with running volk_profile in GENTOO

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with running volk_profile in GENTOO
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:49:26 -0800

On 02/13/2013 12:17 PM, Tommy Tracy II wrote:
Nick, thank you. I was wondering why AVX showed up in the list if the processor didn't support it.
Does anyone have any ideas why rotatorpupper would take so long?

I don't, but I'm not that worried about it as the generic implementation is only there for backup when the hardware doesn't support the more effective SIMD version. Generic implementation times can vary hugely dependent on which version of GCC you're using, what optimization flags were enabled, etc. And sometimes GCC just optimizes really, really terribly.

The segfault is a different story. Like Josh suggests a backtrace would be helpful to see exactly what went wrong.

--n

                   Sincerely,
          Tommy James Tracy II
          PhD Student