[Discuss-gnuradio] Changing DB Modulation Frequency at run time

From: Brooke Hayden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing DB Modulation Frequency at run time
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:20:51 -0500

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to efficiently modify the modulation frequency of the daughterboard oscillator at run time. I found where the a MISO_TX_DB input variable is used in the FPGA code, but am not sure if this is what I am looking for or not. I am using the newest versions of UHD and GNU Radio with a USRP N210. I would like to create a Linear FM high frequency signal. I feel like there should be a fairly straight forward solution, but I have been researching for months and have not found anything. I found how it was done using the old USRP commands, but doing it with UHD seems to be much more challenging. Basically all I want to do is modulate a square wave at some starting frequency that increases to an ending frequency over a certain period of time. For example, it will change from 500 MHz to 900 MHz over a period of one second.

Any guidance will help.

Thanks,

SDR at ONU Team