Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-air ?

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-air ?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 07:33:09 -0800

On 02/20/2013 08:03 AM, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
On 02/20/2013 04:52 PM, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
Hi.

Found a set up article on how to set up gr-air:

http://superkuh.com/gnuradio/gr-air-modes_install.txt

I came to this step:

uhd_modes.py -d

And got this:

ERROR: uhd_modes.py has been deprecated. The new application name is modes_rx.

After i ran this:

modes_rx -d

And got this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/modes_rx", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, optfir, eng_notation, blks2
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

BTW Gnuradio is installed, and is running fine with gqrx.

How can I get out of this issue I have ?.

Thanks

Erik
I now know, that I shall run the modes_rx.

But I still get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/modes_rx", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, optfir, eng_notation, blks2
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

What is the <module>, and where to find it ?

Erik

P.S. Is it the right mailinglist for the query ?
Once more :-)

Here I have marked the line 25. Is it something from here hat cannot be loaded ?

my_position = None

from gnuradio import gr, gru, optfir, eng_notation, blks2 <----Line25

It is failing because Python can't find the gnuradio module. gqrx is working because it's a C++ application and so doesn't depend on the Gnuradio Python module being installed.

What OS are you running (Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.), and what process did you follow to install Gnuradio?

--n

Erik