Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue

From: Tom Hendrick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:50:44 -0800 (PST)

I tried the suggestion from Marcus and was able to get the USRP1 to work with 4 real channels.  I have a simple GRC script which  samples the USRP at 1MS/s and then resamples the signal to 500kS/s and then writes to a file.  I am getting continuous Overruns with this GRC script on my laptop.

I have the same GRC script with the older GNURadio and when I ran it again on the same laptop (I booted up a prior version of ubuntu with an older gnuradio version that uses the USRP class not UHD) it writes to file with no Overruns at all.  I saw that the custom quad channel USRP block has an fusb_block and fusb_nblocks setting.  These are both set to 512*32 but if I lower them to something like 64*32 I start to see the Overruns.

Are there similar type settings I can adjust on the 3.6.2 version of GRC or GNURadio python scripts to get rid of the overruns?  I'm not sure if this is possible but I would like to not have to boot into an older ubuntu version when I need 4 real channels.  The only thing that comes to mind is to adjust noutput_items and I tried this but it didn't eliminate the overruns.

Thank you, -Tom