Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting up clock synchronization blocks

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting up clock synchronization blocks
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:10:24 +0100

Hi,

Martin, what exactly do you mean by:

However, since you're using a pretty long preamble, have you tried
using that for sync?

Preamble is indeed long. On the figure I attached in my first post it can be seen the input and output od
synchronization M&M block. I am expecting this block to do synchronization based on preamble.
In worst case I can meassure every pulse and make my own synchronizator, which looks a bit ugly, but
works.

If you start with an oversampling rate of 4 you don't even need to do any polyphase-stuff.

Not quite sure that I understand, but I am sampling signal with ca. 500k, and symbol rate is 19.2k, so if you were thinking about oversampling after bit slicer, yes i have oversampling of ca. 25.

In my receiver, after a bit filtered demodulated signal from quadrature FM demodulator, I have a block, designed by myself, that does bit slicing. It is basically simulation of a circuit that is used in
some receivers with min and max diode detector circuits. Since I am quite sure this is not the usual way of doing this, how am I supposed to get digital
pulses from demodulated signal.

Best

--
Nemanja Savić