Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I patch UCSBJello files to my existing gn

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I patch UCSBJello files to my existing gnuradio version?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:54:21 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Nazmul Islam
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to patch UCSBJello files to my (already installed) gnuradio
> version. I installed the latest version of gnuradio a couple of days ago
> using the build-gnuradio script.
>
> The UCSBJello project page in CGRAN (https://cgran.org/wiki/UCSBJello) tells
> to download the tarball, patch the files and then run the build gnuradio
> command. Since, I have gnuradio running in my laptop already, how can I
> patch the UCSB Jello files to my existing gnuradio version? I can download
> each file of UCSB Jello one-by-one and see if that works. However, that will
> take a long time and I wonder if there is any shortcut.
>
> I am sorry if this sounds a very novice question. Any feedback will be very
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nazmul

Nazmul,

I don't think there's really a short-cut. I'm not sure exactly what
you mean by downloading each file, but then again, I'm not familiar
with that UCSB project.

I would just download the project, extract it, then try to build by
hand and see where the compiler tells you there are problems. If this
was written against another version of GNU Radio, there are probably
going to be some API changes between the versions that affect you.
Just work through these until the compiler is happy.

Tom