Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_modtool cmake/make problems on OSX

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_modtool cmake/make problems on OSX
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:18:38 +0100

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 08:40:31PM +0000, Warren, Kevin M wrote:
> 1) A minor difficulty is that gr_modtool.py does not appear to be placing the
> class definitions and the instantiation of the class object(s) in the proper
> order. This was easy enough to remedy by hand.

Hi Kevin,

I assume you mean in the SWIG files? Or are you talking about something
else? The SWIG order bug was fixed in both the standalone and the master
branch version of gr-modtool. Also, are you using the pre-3.7 or the
post-3.7 module structure (gr_modtool info tells you this if you don't
know what this means).

In general, stuff that's "easy to remedy by hand" should be easy to get
right in modtool. If you're not talking about the swig files, perhaps
you can post the faulty code?

> 2) A second minor difficulty is that makexml does not appear to work at all.
> Again, this is easy enough to remedy by hand.

makexml makes a lot of assumptions, and right now there's no code parser
for Python blocks. Message ports aren't supported at all right now.

Do you have a C++ block? If so, I'd be interested to see the code chunks
that makexml stumbles over.

However, there's only so much I can do in makexml, and it will never be
able to fully understand all blocks (although it should fail
gracefully).

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)