[Discuss-gnuradio] Data type between blocks

From: Gong Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data type between blocks
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 20:37:53 +0800

Hi,
I notice that the parameter "gr_vector_const_void_star
&input_items,gr_vector_void_star &output_items"in the work() method is
the void* pointer,which don't point to any definite data type.For
example,the output data type is float32 in the upper block and the input
data type maybe int8 in the next block.In principle there is no problem
connecting them because the data is ponited by void*,thus I can cast the
data into any data type(of course, only makes sense only into
float32).But connecting them is illegal in GRC.Why would such a
contradiction?
Thanks in advance.