Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding a custom modulation

From: Nathan West
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding a custom modulation
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 22:00:40 -0500

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM, 连非儿 <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi.

I am testing my custom modulation scheme ppm.py. I followed this post http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2010-12/msg00265.html

to register this modulation into mods/demods. I added a line

import ppm

in my benchmark_tx.py.

I also tried placing the ppm.py file in blks2impl directory. However neither method worked. The result from "print digital.modulation_utils.type_1_mods()" did not contain ppm.

Another issue is that I modified digital_constellation.cc, and I called functions in the modified digital_constellation.cc in my ppm.py. In this case should I rebuild gnuradio? If not, what should I do?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Fei

Hi Fei,

The issue is that in the directory benchmark scripts are in isn't aware of your ppm file. You have a few options that you can explore by searching around for python import path or search path. and doing some reading. You can take a look in gr-digital/python/__init__.py to see how the other mod/demods are imported. Adding a line in that file "from ppm import *" should make your ppm stuff show up in Python after rebuilding gnuradio.

And yes, you should rebuild gnuradio. Any time you change C++ source code you must rebuild it.

-Nathan