Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What are coase freq. estimation and fine freq. es

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What are coase freq. estimation and fine freq. estimation in OFDM? Did the implementation in gnuradio follow the 802.11 standard?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:17:56 +0530

Hi Martin,
               I am not able to find the file digital_ofdm_frame_acquisition.cc or digital_ofdm_chanest_vcvc.cc in my gnuradio. I have gnuradio 3.6.2 installed on my ubuntu 10.04. I tried searching in /usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/ofdm. But there were no c++ files. The find command also doesn't show it. where should i look for that c++ file.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Martin Braun (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:22:28AM +0800, Yingjie Chen wrote:
> Thanks for you reply, Tom.

Hm, I guess we both have a beard and wear glasses.

>  So what you mean is that gnuradio only use one symbol to do the time &
> frequency (including coarse and fine)synchronization, as well as CSI
> estimation, is that right?

The old stuff yes, the new stuff, if you like.

>  You also said the coarse freq. offset estimation is slight different. Can you
> show me some references only related to coarse freq. offset estimation in
> gnuradio. Thanks in advance.

digital_ofdm_frame_acquisition.cc or digital_ofdm_chanest_vcvc.cc.

Grepping for 'coarse' would have helped you!

MB
--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)